If your kids will eat it, that’s your “in”! Make it healthier with Activz whole-food powders.
With Activz, you can add fresh produce in powder form to any recipe, and your kids won’t know the difference. Making waffles? Toss some sweet potato into the batter. Mac ’n cheese? Stir in carrot or pumpkin when it’s time to add the cheese. Spaghetti and meat sauce? Add kale to the pan while you’re cooking the ground beef. Thanks to Activz, there are as many ways to eat healthy as there are favorite foods. Below is one of our favorite ways to make even dessert(!) a little more “green.” Do you have ideas? Share them with us on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest and include the hashtag #Activzkids.
Chewy and dense with a perfect sheen on the delicate surface, these brownies came as a revelation after a full day of trying to find the “perfect brownie.” The best thing about them – they are a trusty spinach disguise. A whopping 1 cup of fresh spinach is embedded tidily into the batter thanks to Activz’s super convenient Spinach Powder.
Makes 16 2×2" brownies
2 large eggs, brought to room temperature
3/4 c cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 c unsalted butter
1 1/8 c organic evaporated cane juice
3/4 c flour
4 tsp Activz Spinach Powder
1 c semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 (with an oven thermometer if possible) and line a 9×5 bread pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine first 5 ingredients in small bowl and mix till clumpy. Set aside.
3. Combine evaporated cane juice and butter in saucepan on low heat. Stir till just hot and smooth.
4. Whisk hot butter and sugar into egg mixture. Add flour, chocolate chips and Activz Spinach Powder. Stir thoroughly till well-combined and pour into lined bread pan.
5. Bake 26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Best if left to cool.