I was talking with a friend yesterday who works with spiritual nutrition. She has studied both spirituality and nutrition extensively, and I am always interested in her perspective. She was telling me about how food is a big way of connecting with Earth and nature. The closer our ingredients are to their original form, the more we commune with the natural world. Overly processed foods with unnatural additives weaken our connection to nature, which can cause us to feel more disconnected.
Keeping it real
That’s why Activz Powders are so great. They are only very gently processed. The water is simply removed, leaving all nutrients intact and keeping the produce very close to its original form. Going back to earlier in the process, all the produce used by Activz is organic and non-GMO. There is nothing else added. You are working with very natural ingredients, but you also have the convenience of the powder form.
Plants that stand out
This pasta recipe offers some very simple hands-on time with plant foods. By using miniature tomatoes, lemon and fresh thyme, this dish offers a very unique and pleasant flavor that is enhanced by the addition of a touch of Activz Spinach Powder. The natural flavors in this dish simply shine, leaving you with a dinner experience that reminds you that you too are a part of nature.
Tomato and thyme pasta
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- Some sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into small pieces
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced, divided
- 1 teaspoon Activz Spinach Powder
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water, then drain and return pasta to pot. Cover to keep warm.
- Spread the halved tomatoes on a baking sheet. Place sprigs of thyme on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Bake for 15–20 minutes or until soft.
- Mix together ricotta cheese, butter, juice of half the lemon, Activz Spinach Powder and reserved pasta water until a creamy sauce forms.
- Serve pasta with ricotta mixture on top, along with tomatoes and thyme. Sprinkle with lemon zest.